Breaking rules will lead to loss of access and damage to the instrument will incur a financial penalty.
- Maintenance (beyond the automatic alignment process) must only be perfomed by the technical specialists or an Abberior engineer
- All users must be trained by one of the technical specialists or an Abberior engineer. Untrained users can observe but must not touch the equipment
- The microscope can be used for a maximum of 3 hours per person between 9am and 6pm
- Users must clean objectives using approved lens tissue after changing a slide
- The environmental controls must not be changed except by the technical specialists
- Any faults with the microscope or the room must be reported within 24 hours
- Booked or used time on the microscope is charged at £35/hr.